Thursday, February 25, 2010

week 32

I am ecstatic that these boys have held on for another 2 weeks. I am now taking the medication to ease my contractions every 6 hours instead of "as needed" because I was still having contractions on a pretty regular basis. They seem to be under control right now though. But ever since I've been on the meds, I have had a non-stop headache which sometimes turns into a migraine. And I am still on bed rest. But I am coping just fine with the help of Kris' wonderful aunts who I am living with right now. They have been so awesome and I am just so grateful for all they are doing for me and the babies. My body hurts and it's hard to find a comfortable position most of the time, but I will put up with it as long as the babies decide to stay in :)

Now I have bi-weekly appointments which include non-stress tests. At my last ultrasound which was about a week ago, both boys were measuring at approximately 4 lbs 2 oz each. But I hope that they continue to pack on the pounds so that they are born at a nice healthy weight. I am aiming for at least 5 pounds each, but more would be wonderful. I never thought I'd say this, but all of the sudden I am having a hard time gaining weight. For the past 3 weeks or so, I haven't gained any weight so my Dr. told me to go get an ice cream shake and go ahead and eat some "junk food" so that I can take in more calories. At this point, the boys are growing pretty fast and they are taking up a lot of room inside leaving my stomach cramped.

I love feeling the babies move around. Sometimes it's hard to tell which baby is moving or kicking, but I can usually tell. The other day was really fun because both babies had the hiccups at the same time so they were taking turns bouncing every other second. And I love to just stare at my belly because sometimes they just move so much that it's like popcorn bouncing all around. Baby A (the one on my right side) seems to be more mellow over all. He moves, but not a ton. And during the non-stress tests he seems to be sleeping pretty much the whole time so they end up having to wake him up by using a "buzzer" on my belly. That really gets him moving! However, Baby B (on the left) seems to constantly be moving around. Every time the Dr. tries to find his heartbeat, she laughs because just as soon as she finds it, he moves around again. And his heart rate is usually a lot higher than Baby A's. I'm looking forward to meeting these precious bundles of joy (but not anytime too soon!) and getting to know their different personalities. I am so blessed :)

Thank you to all those who have been praying for us. Please keep the prayers coming. Although I would love to make it full term, at this point, every week...every day counts and I just want them to stay in for as long as possible. Also, please pray that both babies are head down. Right now, Baby A is head down (awesome!) but Baby B is breach :(

6 comments:

Nicole said...

How cool that you can see their little differences so early on even in the womb. I think that's neat. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well...hopefully better.

Kristin said...

awww. reading this made me miss when i was pregnant with hayley. but only the times when i would watch her move around. because the rest of being pregnant was horrible. haha. you should video tape your tummy moving. ive seen other people do it and its pretty cool. and will be fun for you to look back on and for the boys ... and for kris! hang in there!

Brittanie said...

Way to go Veronica! Keep those babies in there as long as possible! Sounds like your doing a great job. Your gonna be an awesome mom!

chelsea mckell said...

You're so lucky to have your aunts there! You must be a little bored during the bedrest... read any good books you'd recommend? =)
I love your attitude - not complaining, just willing to endure whatever you need to in order to have healthy babies!

Our Family said...

Wow! I totally miss pregnancy after reading that! It is so much fun to feel the kicks! Good Luck with everything. My mother in law had twin girls (they are now 22 years old). And the first one was head down and the second one was breach and she didn't have to have a c-section. But I will pray he turns!!!

Veronica said...

Thanks everyone :)

Kristin - I have a video camera...I just need to figure out how to use it lol. I have definitely thought about recording things like that for Kris, but just haven't yet. I guess I'm running out of time and should get started...

Chelsea - no good books yet. I have a small pile of books that some people think I should read, but I just haven't felt like picking one up yet lol...not for lack of time...but it's kind of hard for me to want to read when I have a headache all the time :(

Stephanie - I love encouraging stories of other women who have successfully delivered twins w/o a c-section. Thanks! My Dr. however recommends a c unless both babies are head down. I am not a fan of that outcome, so I am hoping that she at least lets me try to push them out. We shall see...