I know I haven't written much about my pregnancy. And I know some of you have been waiting for me to update this blog. Sorry. But I have a few excuses (in no particular order): 1) I really didn't have much to report on until recently. 2) I didn't want to get my hopes too high just to have a miscarriage or something. 3) I've been tired. 4) I don't feel like writing. 5) I miss Kris so much that I don't want any negativity to show thru my writing.
But here's a little update anyway......
The first 30 weeks of my pregnancy have been really great overall. I have been really blessed with a relatively uneventful pregnancy. I had a lot of morning sickness and major tiredness the first trimester, which is normal and to be expected I suppose. Then I found great relief during the first few weeks of my second trimester. But overall, most of my second trimester took a toll on my body. Aches and pains that I never expected...to the point where I began to question weather or not I could handle ever getting pregnant again (just to clarify, although there were very difficult times, I am 100% sure that I would love to be pregnant again). And I guess I should mention the hand full of dizzy/fainting spells I experienced due to low iron levels. One of which landed me in the ER because I was passing out on the airplane (at 19 weeks) when I flew from UT to CA for Thanksgiving. But even with those few things, I really feel like this pregnancy has been wonderful and I am so happy and blessed to soon be a mother to two precious baby boys.
I felt my first Braxton Hicks contractions at around 28 1/2 weeks. Just a few here and there...most of which were barely noticeable at first. But then a few days shy of 30 weeks, I started to feel them more and more often, and they were stronger and stronger. Some of them actually hurt a bit (not too much, but definitely not comfortable). At my Dr's appointment on Thursday (exactly 30 weeks along) I told her about them and that I was having 1-3 an hour pretty much every hour. She was a little concerned because that was more than I should be feeling, so she told me to take it easy and that I needed to be on partial bed rest. I could get up every once in a while to go to the bathroom, take a shower, get some food, sit around ( I didn't actually have to lie down all the time) but to generally take it easy. She told me to keep a pen and paper handy to keep track of the contractions. If I had 6 or more in an hour, I needed to immediately drink 4 glasses of water, lie down, and just relax. If they didn't ease up within the next hour, then I should call, even if they didn't hurt.
Well, that same night, I noticed that I was having a lot more than 3 an hour. It got to the point where they were coming every 10 minutes or so. Then 7-8 minutes. But even after following her instructions, they actually started coming even closer. By the time I called and we were on the way to the hospital they were coming every 2 minutes. Talk about scary. I know that with all the modern medical technology, these babies would have a pretty high chance of being OK, but the reality is that babies are "supposed" to be born around 40 weeks for a reason. They are not usually completely ready until then. Every day counts. And I want my boys to have the best chance possible at a healthy life. I would LOVE to make it to 40 weeks.
Anyway, I left to the hospital at around 1:00 am on Friday morning. I was hooked up to all kinds of wires, monitors, and the IV. They ended up giving me a shot to stop the contractions, and also a shot to help mature the babies' lungs in case they were born too early. And I was told to go on bed rest but to come back in 24 hours to get a second shot of the steroid for the babies' lungs. Also to call if the contractions were more than 6 an hour. We (me, my Aunt and Father-in-Law) got back to my Aunt's house at around 6:30 am.
Well, that evening, they started getting closer and closer again. We were off to the hospital again 5:15. I got another shot to calm the contractions. We got home again around 10:00 pm. The next morning (Saturday) at 4 am, I went in to get the second steroid for the twins' lungs. They checked me out while I was there and all looked well. But by the afternoon, I was experiencing contractions a few minutes apart. I decided to try and take a warm bath and see if that would help, but no luck. So I was back in the hospital by around 6 pm. This time, although they gave me a shot once again, they wrote out a prescription of that same medication in pill form so that I would have to make this a pattern and come in every day, even multiple times a day.
So after 4 trips to the hospital within a 2-day period, I am now on bed rest trying to keep these boys in as long as possible. Every ounce of discomfort is worth it. I'm excited to meet my babies, but I just hope they hang in there for several more weeks.
That's it for now...
blueberry goodness
-
blueberry pancakes
I made these Sunday night. It was a random spur of the mommentGOOD idea.
*FOUND THIS RECIPE ON ALLRECIPES.COM AND IT TURNED OUT GREAT....
17 years ago

3 comments:
WOW.
WOW.
Had to say that twice, cuz seriously my mouth was hanging open the whole time. You've officially got me freaked out (for obvious reasons). Good luck making it to 40! Ha! But at least 36 would be nice! My goal is to have at least 5 pound babies. Preferably 6 or 7. Hopefully you do! At least you don't have to deal with a toddler during all these hospital visits and bedrest. I'm so glad you have people there to take care of you! I bet Kris is glad too. Keep up with the updates - I LOVE reading about this!!
O my word I can't belive that. I will keep you in my prayers that the boys stay put for a little longer. I am getting excited for you. I still can't belive that you are having 2 boys wahooo. Well I think I am going to be working in the old orem store so we will see what happens tomorrow is my first day.
Good luck with everything. Take it easy. I've had that medication before and it is not fun. I hope you and your boys will be healthy and wait a little longer
Post a Comment