Thursday, January 22, 2009

camera phone

I know, I know...I haven't updated this thing in a while. Don't get too excited because I'm not promising to post more often (although I will try). I just have a really busy life right now with working 40+ hours a week and taking 5 classes this semester. This is just not on my list of priorities. BUT, I do so much enjoy reading all of your blogs! I am pretty up to date with what all of my blogger friends are up to! I just don't take the time to write as often as I read.

Anyways, we finally got new cell phones because our old phones were ancient! That's besides the point though. The point of that comment is that there were a lot of pictures that we took on our old camera phones and never uploaded them or anything. So this post is dedicated to many of the (fuzzy) pictures we have taken over the last 2 years (most of them before we got a real camera).

These first few pictures are from our first Christmas as a married couple.




If you notice the first picture of our first Christmas Tree, you will see that there
is nothing spectacular about it, although I thought it was way cute. The next picture, however, you will probably notice something odd.



See it? There is a mop holding up the tree. Yes, a MOP! (Along with some fallen ornaments and a messed-up tree skirt.)

Funny story, really. So a couple of days before Christmas (or maybe it was the day before) I was just rearranging some ornaments on the tree, being the perfectionist that I can sometimes be. And Kris went outside to take out the trash or something, but he left the door wide open. We are talking about a freezing Provo December day here. So I called out to Kris and asked him to close the door because he was making the whole apartment freezing. (Why didn't I just walk over and close it myself??) So Kris decided to slam the door shut with an attitude like "you think it's freezing in there? Try coming outside!" All of the sudden, the tree is on top of me! Slamming the door made the whole apartment shake and the tree fell over on top of me. I started screaming for help and of course he heard me because the walls of that little apartment were kind of thin. He ran inside to find me buried under a Christmas tree, which was probably a really funny thing to see! I am surprised that he didn't take a photo while I was still trapped. Instead, being the loving husband that he is, Kris set me free! From that point on though, we couldn't get the tree to stand up on it's own, and we didn't want to have a repeat, so the quick solution was to tie our mop to the tree and use it as a sort of kick-stand.

I loved that 2006 Christmas! Fun memories!!

These next pictures are from when Kris and I went to General Conference. I think it was back in April of 2007??? Or maybe it was October of 2006. I don't remember for sure. No interesting story there, although we had a great time! We were early...hence all of the empty seats around us.




This next photo is just of us taking a road trip up to Seatle to visit Kris' family.
I think this was actually on our way up there for his Grandfather's funeral :(



I have more Washington picutres that I should find and post. I love it there - That is seriously one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited.

This next photo is of me and my cousin Jeremy right before he was going into the MTC. I was so bummed that I didn't remember my camera, but luckily the camera phone came to the rescue. He is such a great guy and I am so proud of him for going on a mission! What a great example to all of his siblings and cousins and everyone who knows him!



These last pictures of the day are of my handsom hubby. Sorry but I have no idea when they were taken...



Eww gross! LOL :)

Love it!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

That tree story was hilarious!

shanda said...

This is so rad I loved it I totaly laughed out loud. That is a good story about Christmas you will never forget that. I am so so glad that you posted that