Sunday, October 19, 2008

sienna on paper

As I mentioned in a previous post, one of the classes that I am taking this semester is art. An entry-level watercolor class for my fine art requirement, to be exact. I have never had any interest, talent, or experience in that area...ever. However, I am actually enjoying this class. I have found that painting/drawing can be really relaxing and fun. I have done a handful of paintings so far, but I really haven't liked any of them. The most recent one though, actually turned out pretty well. I just finished it this evening. I was instructed to paint someone that I love and care about. I love and care about many people, but the one that I chose for the purpose of this assignment is my little niece, Sienna. She is about 1 1/2 years old. I haven't seen her since she was only a couple of weeks old because I have been here in Utah, and she is in California with her family. But nonetheless, I love her.
The inspiration:
My sketch:
The final product:

5 comments:

Naomi Dawn said...

WOW! That is REALLY good Veronica!!! I really like that! What tallent you have!! :)

Kristin said...

Impressive

Suzie said...

You are getting really good! I am impressed!

Dustin and Julianne said...

Veronica-You are very talented! I'm glad you took this class to find this talent you have. Really, very impressive.

shanda said...

I am so so proud of you. This is so beautiful. I am so fond of your new discovered talent. I love it. You need to frame that