Wednesday, May 20, 2009

back on the bandwagon

I know it's been forever since I posted last so I guess it's time for an update. There's really not much to update about...except for one thing. Kris recently joined the Navy. One of the most exciting parts about the whole thing is he got the job he really wanted: Hospital Corpsman! The most un-exciting part about the whole thing...being alone while he is away.

He heads out to boot camp on November 12th. So guess what that means? We get to start out the military experience apart during the holidays. So...I get to spend some time with my family back home in California while he's away. Luckily I have a pretty great family. It will be really nice to be around them again, and hopefully it helps the time fly.

After boot camp, he has some more training which takes place just north of Chicago. So come January, that's where we'll be for 14 weeks. After that, we don't know yet.

2 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

Hey there! I didn't even know you were a blogger! I'm so glad I found this - now you have to start updating all the time :) Wow - the Navy - that's awesome! There's great perks for military people! That stinks to be away from each other, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. I love your header pic - you guys look great! I'm going to go check out your recipe blog now.

shanda said...

I am so proud of you guys. Can't wait to come home and hang out.